Student who died – Dalit (his brother, father and mother are OBC but he has an SC certificate!)
Student he assaulted – Dalit
UoH Vice Chancellor – OBC
Modi – OBC
Minister Dattatreya – Dalit
Who are being blamed? – Generals. Hhmmmmm….
He was a Dalit student on scholarship at a prestigious university. Many students belonging to the general castes who are more deserving wouldn’t get this opportunity. Instead of focusing on his studies like most students who get such an opportunity would , he took the path of a terrorist sympathizer and a goon. In the end he got what he deserved. Terrorist sympathizers get no sympathy from me. But of course, the anti-BJP media needed some issue to heavily distort facts and blow out-of-proportion, this was the perfect case for them.
26 year old Rohith Chakravarthi Vemula committed suicide on Sunday 17th January evening. Rohith was a second year PhD student in Centre for Knowledge and Innovation Studies at University of Hyderabad. Rohith was active in student politics and member of Ambedkar Students Association (ASA).
Is Union HRD MinisterSmirti Irani responsible for his suicide? Is Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya for this? Was he expelled because he was Dalit? Was BJP controlling actions against innocent ASA members?
Rohith’s suicide note says: “Let my funeral be silent and smooth. No one is responsible for my this act of killing myself. No one has instigated me, whether by their acts or by their words to this act.” But nationwide protests are organised to en-cash political gain out of his death. Rohith is being killed by these protesters even after his death!
To end of the use word “Dalit”, Scheduled castes (SC) and scheduled tribes (ST) are the official terms used in Government of India documents. Then why is a student of OBC caste is being called as Dalit? Is the motive behind this distorted story to instigate communal divide and disrupt the social harmony again? TRP driven Prestitutes & Leftist political morons are creating needless communal hatred for their selfish motives by playing the ‘Dalit Card’!
ASA has opposed University’s move to celebrating the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Vivekanand Jayanthi. They opposed the plan of university to end the academic semester by 10 April instead of 10 May because by this they will not have opportunity to celebrate Ambedkar Jayanthi in campus. ASA organised protest in University Campus against the execution of 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon. This shows the mindset of ASA and it’s members. You don’t have to take my word for it, you can take a look at his facebook timeline and see the things he posted for yourself. When a terrorist, Yakub Memon was hanged, he posted on Facebook; “This is a black day for Indian democracy and the judicial system”.
What lead to the death?
1) Nakul Singh Sawhney’s documentary Muzaffarnagar Baaqi Hai contends that BJP engineered the 2013 riots in Shamli and Muzaffarnagar districts of Uttar Pradesh in order to gain a foothold in the region. Nakul Singh Sawhney is known for his love for Left-Naxal movements and hatred towards BJP and RSS. All his work is heavily influenced with it.
ABVP protested against the screening of this documentary claiming reckless distortion of truth. It is claimed that the documentary does nothing to heal the pained people but will create more communal divides across the country.
Screening of this was opposed and stopped by ABVP in Delhi University. ASA’s University of Hyderabad chapter organised a protest demonstration against ABVP for stopping this screening. This was the one of the major encounter between students supporting ASA and ABVP.
2) ASA organised protest in University Campus against the execution of 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon and criticizing Indian Judiciary system and Indian Government for hanging him.
This pro-Yakub protest in University campus was opposed by ABVP. Mr. Susheel Kumar, the then President of ABVP Unit in the campus was attacked by a group of ASA Students during that intervening night of 3rd and 4th August for opposing their pro-Yakub protest.
3) The Proctorial Board of the University inquired into the matter and submitted a final report to the Executive council (EC) to expel five students (including Mr. Rohit Vemula). EC approved it and ASA students did not allow the University administration to function for two days forcing the then in charge Vice Chancellor Prof. R.P. Sharma to withdraw the order with a condition that the matter will be looked into afresh.
4) Meanwhile Susheel (victim)’s mother filed a case in the High Court and the court was repeatedly asking the University legal counsel to inform the action taken on recommendations of The Proctorial Board of the University. University has delayed submitting such action taken report with the hope that the court will decide things on its own. However, in November middle the court ordered the University legal counsel to submit the ATR with a few days deadline.
An EC sub-committee headed by Senior most professor in EC was planned to examine the matter. Since none of the EC members were from Dalit community, University requested the Dean of Students’ Welfare (Prof. P. Prakash Babu) a senior Dalit faculty member to be part of the committee to join the EC subcommittee since he is also a statutory officer of the University.
5) The EC sub-committee upheld the recommendations of the proctorial board and recommended to the EC that the said five students be awarded punishment as recommended earlier. Based on the recommendations of a sub-committee of the Executive Council, the five were denied access to hostels on the campus except their classrooms and workshops related to their subject of study.
6) Chief Warden (also a dalit faculty) communicated the same to the students around 20th December and asked the students to vacate the hostel. He has double locked the room where required and submitted a report to the University. The DSW was in touch with the students. On behalf of the students, there were a group of students who met VC and demanded revocation of hostel suspension and started branding as “social boycott” order. They were linking this punishment to the letter from Honorable Minister Sri Bandaru Dattatreya (inquiring about the August 3/4 night incident) forwarded by MHRD. It was adequately explained to them that the letter received from MHRD or minister’s letter have no influence whatsoever in the EC decision. But, the students’ groups mostly belonging to dalit groups and SFI were bent upon branding it as involvement of BJP government, and RSS role in this matter.
7) The five students expelled from the hostel moved high court seeking stay on the hostel suspension. High court judge did not agree to stay the punishment immediately but asked their advocate to club this petition with the one which is already in front of the court on the same matter and posted it for January 19, 2016.
It is important to note that the University was lenient towards these 5 students and did not go for suspension considering the impact on their academics.
8) On Sunday Rohith did suicide. Police recovered a “suicide note” in the room where Rohith hanged himself. It read: “I feel a growing gap between my soul and my body. And I have become a monster.”
So Rohith’s suicide case need not be colored as a Dalit victimization.
He was getting Rs 25,000 plus HRA as stipend to support his studies. He had free hostel facilities too. Still his mind worked for person like Yakoub Memon who killed innocent common people. College hostels, stipends and facilities are provided to students who sincerely want to study, excel and do good for the country. Sympathizers and promoters of extremism, terrorism and anti nation activities are big issue in educational institutes. Authorities may need to take actions against such anti nation elements working inside the campus of educational institutions. Student death is tragic but this shouldn’t deter from taking action against anti-national activities in university and indiscipline.
– He lived his entire life with caste card hung around his neck.
– He went to Revenue office for a certificate for his caste.
– He mentioned his caste in every application for admission and employment at every stage of his life and everywhere.
– He used caste card like a trump card every time he was questioned, every time he failed in exams and failed to comply with academic requirements, condemned for his despicable behavior and questioned for his Hooliganism.
– He divided people in the name of caste and exploited the vulnerabilities of people of his caste and likes for own political gains.
-He mentioned on a recorded video that he will tear apart anything which is Saffron as the color represents Hinduism!
– He went to university to pursue academics but spent full time in casteist politics and anti social and political activities of largely extremist and provocative in nature.
– He sympathized terrorists (organized protests for Yakub Memon and a condolence gathering after his execution) and took the side of traitors and anti- Nationalists.
– He hated people of other castes and spewed hatred against them, instigated fights between people on campus and organized activities to deliberately hurt the sentiments of people of a particular religion (by Burning scriptures publicly, worshiping Narakasura on Diwali & Ravan on Dussera and Beef festivals) and institution.
– He thrashed a student into pulp and played caste card when subjected to disciplinary action.
– He killed himself for a reason no one knows and by no one’s fault.
How is anybody else responsible for his suicide?
- Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya and University vice chancellor have been booked under SC/ST act. Why? To appease wrong doers and student protestors?
- On Jan 18, Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry has constituted a two member fact finding team to look into the matter.
- Sushil Kumar expressed shock over the suicide. According to him Rohith was one of the strong protester and he never imagined such a step from Rohith.
Political reaction or drama?:
- Rahul Gandhi: Rohith committed suicide because of VC and minister. My door is always open for Rohith’s family and all other students protesting here, I shall help you in every way possible.
- Trinamool Congress’s Derek O’Brien and Pratima Mandal to visit Hyderabad University on 19th January
- BSP chief Mayawati sends two member team to Hyderabad
- Award Wapasi Gang member and noted writer Ashok Vajpeyi decides to return D Lit given to him by Hyderabad University in protest against dalit student’s suicide
- VC & people involved in this crime should be immediately removed: RPN Singh, Congress
- After the high-profile visit of Rahul to the campus, Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi also went there and asked why Prime Minister Narendra Modi was not saying sorry over the incident.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi sack HRD Minister Smriti Irani, Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya and apologise to the nation over the alleged suicide by a Dalit student in Hyderabad university questioning their “interference” in the internal affairs of the institute.
We will not have better India unless we stop politicizing suicides & deaths for petty
Was he ostracized for his caste or on the basis of caste?
How can anyone assume or take for granted to get away with whatever casteist, anti national, extremist, commendable, provocative activities they engage in by playing the caste card?
And Who was actually casteist?
And with the grace of presstitutes, pseudo-intellectual libtards with minds disconnected from facts and reality, dimwitted douche nozzle commies, Rahul and Kejriwal. Money flows into his home until it piles up insofar they get enough to build a mansion on his grave, none in his family for next 10 generations don’t have to earn an extra penny but still can avail reservations. That’s the unfortunate and it can happen only in India!
Student union politics should be banned. Period.
What about Bandaru Dattatreya?
Bandaru Dattatreya happens to be the local MP from Secunderabad. He wrote to HRD ministry in August about disturbing politics in the campus, bringing special attention to the student beaten by Rohith Vemula and gang. In september, HRD ministry asked what was happening. Presumably not much was happening, because the ministry didn’t get a reply. The ministry asked again, and again. This is the extent of “political pressure” that the media and opposition is in a frenzy about. If a letter from ministry was so big a threat, would it have gone unanswered? If the University was so scared of the ministry and the minister, would they just ignore the queries, as they did? You decide. This is the alleged letter of Bandaru Dattatreya which clearly mentions anti-national politics in the campus and caste has no mention at all!
Why is so much noise on this suicide?
It’s pretty simple. The Punjab elections and Assam elections are close approaching. Let me take you back to when the Bihar elections were approaching, the prestitutes and opposition needed an issue to blow out of proportion and cause significant damage to the BJP’s image when it looked like they were going to win by a landslide, then it was Dadri and award-wapsi brigade with their propaganda of apparent “intolerance”. But the same media and their leftist brigade were very quiet during the Malda and Purnia riots where huge muslim mobs went on a rampage, destroying everything in sight. They unsurprisingly didn’t see this as intolerance. They was very little coverage of the issue, in fact many people are still completely unaware that these riots even took place. If that isn’t hypocrisy, I don’t know what is. Now, similar to what they did before the Bihar elections, they have heavily distorted facts and are spreading their anti-BJP propaganda right before important elections and parliamentary sessions.
Rohit Vemula’s Suicide Letter – Blames No One Over His Suicide! Read It Urself!
I would not be around when you read this letter. Don’t get angry on me. I know some of you truly cared for me, loved me and treated me very well. I have no complaints on anyone. It was always with myself I had problems. I feel a growing gap between my soul and my body. And I have become a monster. I always wanted to be a writer. A writer of science, like Carl Sagan. At last, this is the only letter I am getting to write.
I always wanted to be a writer. A writer of science, like Carl Sagan.
I loved Science, Stars, Nature, but then I loved people without knowing that people have long since divorced from nature. Our feelings are second handed. Our love is constructed. Our beliefs colored. Our originality valid through artificial art. It has become truly difficult to love without getting hurt.
The value of a man was reduced to his immediate identity and nearest possibility. To a vote. To a number. To a thing. Never was a man treated as a mind. As a glorious thing made up of star dust. In every field, in studies, in streets, in politics, and in dying and living.
I am writing this kind of letter for the first time. My first time of a final letter. Forgive me if I fail to make sense.
My birth is my fatal accident. I can never recover from my childhood loneliness. The unappreciated child from my past.
May be I was wrong, all the while, in understanding world. In understanding love, pain, life, death. There was no urgency. But I always was rushing. Desperate to start a life. All the while, some people, for them, life itself is curse. My birth is my fatal accident. I can never recover from my childhood loneliness. The unappreciated child from my past.
I am not hurt at this moment. I am not sad. I am just empty. Unconcerned about myself. That’s pathetic. And that’s why I am doing this.
People may dub me as a coward. And selfish, or stupid once I am gone. I am not bothered about what I am called. I don’t believe in after-death stories, ghosts, or spirits. If there is anything at all I believe, I believe that I can travel to the stars. And know about the other worlds.
If you, who is reading this letter can do anything for me, I have to get 7 months of my fellowship, one lakh and seventy five thousand rupees. Please see to it that my family is paid that. I have to give some 40 thousand to Ramji. He never asked them back. But please pay that to him from that.
Let my funeral be silent and smooth. Behave like I just appeared and gone. Do not shed tears for me. Know that I am happy dead than being alive.
“From shadows to the stars.”
Uma anna, sorry for using your room for this thing.
To ASA family, sorry for disappointing all of you. You loved me very much. I wish all the very best for the future.
For one last time,
I forgot to write the formalities. No one is responsible for my this act of killing myself.
No one has instigated me, whether by their acts or by their words to this act.
This is my decision and I am the only one responsible for this.
Do not trouble my friends and enemies on this after I am gone.